We have some of the details related to the Saudi citizens that were released yesterday... once again not one of the released men was on the list of detainees that the government claims are "eligible" for release. I will be updating the information as it trickles in ...
1. Abdulhadi Abdullah Ibrahim Al-Sharikh (ISN 231) -- Gordon S. Woodward of Schnader Harrison. No advance-notice order. Counsel received no notice that this client had been deemed releasable. Habeas case but no DTA case. Camp4
2. Abdulrazzaq Abdullah Ibrhim Al-Sharikh (ISN 67) – Ditto Camp 4
3. Fahd Atiyya Hamza Al-Harazi (ISN 79) -- Heller Ehrman team. No advance-notice order.
4. Rami Sa`d Ghalib Al-Ju`aid (ISN 318) -- Steve Truitt and Charles Carpenter of Pepper Hamilton. Advance-notice order, counsel received notice. Counsel received no notice that this client had been deemed releasable. Camp 6.
5. Abdulhakim Abdulkarim Amin Bukhari (ISN 493) -- Cristi A. Charpentier, Philly federal defender. No advance-notice order. Counsel received no notice that client had been deemed releasable. Camp 1.
6. Khalid Hasan Husain Al-Barakati Al-Sharif (ISN 322) -- John C. Snodgrass and colleagues of Dickstein Shapiro. No advance-notice order. Counsel had not received any notice that client had been deemed releasable. Camp 6.
7. Majid Abdullah Sa`id Barayyan: ISN 51; unrepresented.
8. Muhammad Mubarak Salim Al-Kurbi He is ISN 342 -- Harvey A. Schwartz, Rodgers, Powers & Schwartz PC. No advance-notice order; government informed counsel of client's release mid afternoon on 9-6-97. Camp 6.
9. Abdullah Thani Faris Al-Sulami Al-Anazi (ISN 514) -- represented by Anant Raut at Weil Gotshal, who calls Abdullah "the gentle double- amputee poet of Guantanamo" No advance notice-order, no notice of releasability (in fact, because of his double amputation, one evaluation had deemed Abdullah unsuitable for repatriation ever, because his lack of legs (lost around the time he was captured) would make him "less attractive to his wife," thereby making him a "prime candidate for suicide bombing recruitment"), original habeas petitions had not been dismissed, no dta petition. Camp 6.
10. Zabin Zhahir Zabin Al-Fudaili Al-Shammari (ISN 647) -- represented by Paul, Weiss team. Jennifer Ching says "client suffers from a form of epilepsy and experienced seizures while at Gitmo." Advance-notice order, counsel received notice. Counsel received no notice that counsel had been deemed releaseable.
11. Abdulaziz Sa`d Muhammad Al-Oshan (ISN 112) -- represented by Anant Raut . Counsel received no notice that this client had been deemed releasable. Camp 5.
12. Moosa Ali Sa`id Al Sa`id Al-Omari (or Al-Amri) ISN 196; unrepre.
13. Salim Abdullah Sa`id Al Buhaish Al-Shihri (ISN 126) -- represented by Jenner
14. Fahd Muhammad Abdullah Al-Fowzan (ISN 218) -- represented by Martha Rayner and colleagues at Fordham Law School. Counsel received no notice that this client had been deemed releasable. Camp 6.
15. Imran Bakr Muhammad Hosawi (Isn 368)- unrep.
16. Bakri Awad Bakri Al-Sumairi (or Al-Samiri) (ISN 274__) unrep.