Sunday, September 14, 2008

WELL RESTED... BUT STILL OUTRAGED

I am back after a two week holiday and I am sorry to report that not much has happened in my absence. Two men were released to Afghanistan. I will post the info on them in the coming days. The government blew off some of the court's deadlines but as usual not much in the way of repercussions for the government. My appeal for my second client Razak Ali was remanded back to the district court without any action taken by the appellate court and of course no action will be taken by the district court(I was asking for his complete csrt record). My appeal for Al-Ghizzawi's medical records is still sitting in the appellate court with no sign that they know or care that the appeal is there. On the good news side Judge Sullivan in the district court held a hearing on medical records for another detainee and he seemed to be indicating that he might be willing to order the government to turn over some medical records. But of course that is only supposition right now and nothing has really happened except that he ordered more briefing.
I head back to the base in another week.

No comments: